We respect your privacy are are committed to protecting your personal information.
This page was last updated in February 2021.
Who We Are
VOGTA is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Our company number is 12211006 and our registered office address is at 2 Harris Close, Frome, Somerset, United Kingdom, BA11 5JY. We are a Marketing & IT Consultancy specialising in Digital Transformation projects.
Should you have questions or require assistance, please complete the enquiry form located on our Contact Us page.
What User Data We Collect
We only collect personal information from users if it’s absolutely necessary or if we have valid reason to do so.
The list below shows the different kinds of data and types of information we may collect from you.
- Identity data, e.g. title, first name, last name
- Contact data, e.g. email address, phone number, postal address
- Employment data, e.g. job title, employer name, industry
- Transaction data, e.g. payment details, info about transactions and purchases
- Technical data, e.g. IP address, device and browser details, location data
- Profile data, e.g. usernames and passwords, account information, preferences
- Usage data, e.g. website interactions, visit statistics, advert engagement
- Aggregated data, e.g. demographics, interests, statistical data
The exact details collected depend on the type of interaction and level of engagement you have with our business.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data, such as details about your race, ethnicity, political opinions, etc. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. Finally, our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How We Collect User Data
There’s a number of ways in which we may collect your personal data which can be split into three main categories, which are direct interactions, automated processes and third-party sources.
The most common scenario that leads to us storing someone’s personal details is when this someone has a direct interaction with us and provides us with these details. We never ask for more information that we require.
You may provide us with your personal details by doing one of the following:
- Completing a web form on our website
- Talking to us via email, social media, post or in person
- Creating an account on our website
- Placing an order for one of our products or services
- Subscribing to our services or publications
- Signing up for our newsletter or other marketing collateral
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey
- Responding to a marketing campaign
- Leaving your details in comments on our blog
When visiting our website, there’s an automated exchange of information taking place between your browser and our server.
We collect some of this data. This includes:
- Technical details of your visit provided by your browser
- Data automatically logged by the web server
- Information collected through cookies, tracking pixels and other tracking technologies
We may supplement the information collected from you with data provided to us by third parties.
- Companies providing services to us
- Business partners and affiliated third-party companies
- Our sister companies and subsidiaries
- Publicly available sources
Why We Collect User Data
We may collect and use your personal details for a number of different reasons, which include:
- Ensuring we hold up-to-date information about you
- Responding to your enquiries and fulfilling your requests
- Processing orders and completing transactions
- Creating and maintaining user accounts
- Carrying out our contracts with you
- Performing business activities as needed
- Sending newsletters and marketing materials
- Entering users in sweepstakes, contests, or surveys
- Analysing usage behaviour patterns to enhance our website
- Evaluating and improving our products and services
- Conducting general business analysis
- Resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraudulent activities
How We Process User Data
We always make sure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights.
We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary to protect your vital interests
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests
Who We Share User Data With
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including:
- Payment processing
- Data analysis
- Email delivery
- Hosting and IT services
- Customer support
- Marketing and advertising services
- Product and service design
- Event organisers
In addition to third-party service providers, we may also share your details with our:
- Business partners
- Affiliated third-party companies
- Sister companies and subsidiaries
- Investors and buyers, e.g. when selling the company or its assets
How We Protect User Data
Data security is of great importance to us.
We have put in place a number of physical, technical and managerial procedures to protect your data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and to prevent accidental loss, destruction or damage. These include:
- Limiting access to your personal data
- Using trustworthy service providers and products
- Taking suitable precautions when transmitting data
- Establishing appropriate procedures in case of data breach
How Long We Store User Data For
The period for which we may retain data about you will depend on the purposes for which the data was collected. We are committed to keeping your personal information only for as long as is necessary, which is usually the life of our relationship and up to a period of seven years after our relationship have ended. We may keep your personal data for a longer period where it is necessary for legal, regulatory or operational purposes.
External Links on Our Website
Automated Data Processing and Profiling
We do not make any automated decisions when processing or profiling your data, e.g. through the use of Artificial Intelligence.
All the processes your personal data may undergo are carried out by humans.
Know Your Rights
We adhere to all the rules and regulations, and will always respect your rights to the following:
- Accessing the personal data we hold about you
- Correcting the data we hold if proven inaccurate
- Requesting deletion of the data (unless not allowed for legal reasons)
- Restricting or objecting to our processing for direct marketing purposes
- Withdrawing any consent you’ve given us to use your personal data in a specific way
- Requesting a review of any automated decision made by technology